Coronavirus: Our Response
The Dupont Circle Business Improvement District (BID) is here for you.
We will continue to keep you informed with up-to-date information on the status of neighborhood businesses, provide details about resources for our businesses, and be here to help and support in any way we can.
We understand the concern and severe impacts of the COVID-19 on our community. Some specific actions we have recently taken include:
- Direct outreach to individual businesses: The BID team has been and will continue to be in contact with Dupont Circle businesses.
- Announcing the re-opening of Dupont Circle restaurants: The BID has continued to promote multiple restaurants that were able to re-open for take-out and delivery in April and May of 2020.
- Enhanced Clean Team services: The Dupont Circle Clean Team remains fully staffed and is taking additional safety precautions. The team continues its typical services of removing graffiti, picking up trash, re-installing banners, and other beautification projects. Enhanced services include the power washing of the sidewalks, ground level window washing, sanitation of door handles, and rat abatement. On Monday, Wednesday and Friday’s the team will be working a split shift, with one shift from 7 am – 3 pm and a second shift from 11 am – 7 pm. This will provide the neighborhood with increased coverage.
- Launching a new blog series: #DupontStrong provides a space for local businesses to share stories about their experiences during COVID-19.
- Industry-specific roundtables to provide information and gather feedback: Most recently, the BID held an online meeting for representatives of the BID’s hospitality industry.
- Updates on operating status of BID businesses for consumers: the BID team continues to update information regarding which businesses remain open and what services they provide. You can find information on open Dining locations at www.dupontcirclebid.org/visit/dining-update.
- Work with DC Government agencies including, but not limited to: DMPED, DPW, DDOT.
- Coordinate with industry specific associations to best target business assistance including: Restaurant Association of Metropolitan Washington (RAMW) and the DC BID Council, among others, in order to get the highest and most support for our businesses.
You can always reach out to us at 202-525-4687 or email@example.com, and check in on real-time updates on our Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook pages.